Designed to bring a university education within reach, the First Generation Matching Grant Program provides financial aid to qualified undergraduate students at Florida’s state universities. Through the generosity of donors and matching dollars from the state of Florida, First Generation Scholarships are awarded to FIU students who meet the following criteria:
- Recipients must demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.
- Recipients must be the first generation in their family to attain a college bachelor’s degree (students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are also eligible).
- Recipients must be residents of the state of Florida.
- Recipients must be enrolled in or accepted for admission to the university and be a degree-seeking undergraduate student enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per semester.
- Recipients should be pursuing a degree at FIU.
- The scholarship is renewable upon meeting criteria.